4/01/2012

BIG LOVE FOR LITTLE LUNGS



In tandem with Little Lungs' reunion shows this weekend, If You Make It did a digital re-release of their first EP, Hoist Me Up. I wrote a "liner note" to introduce it.

In 2007, I was in a band called Cheeky with 3 friends. Angela Boylan was our drummer. She was (and is) my favorite drummer to play with, but Angie had sort of secretly been writing songs on guitar on her own for years. She had a stockpile of songs she was waiting to play with a band.
Not long after I learned of Angie's secret songs, Little Lungs started practicing. Aside from being our sister/brother band, Little Lungs were some of my closest friends. So I was really excited for it.
Read the full piece and download the album (if you haven't yet) at If You Make It.

No comments:

Post a Comment