2/16/2010

RIOT GRRRL PANEL @ SLC WOMEN'S HISTORY CONFERENCE


HELLO FOLKS, IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

You may already know that I will be moderating the Riot Grrrl panel at Sarah Lawrence College's 12th Annual Women's History Conference: "The Music is in the Message".

What you don't know:

1. The panel is on Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 1:00PM

2. I am honored to say that the panel features author of Girl Power: The Nineties Revolution in Music, Marisa Meltzer; contributor to Riot Grrrl: Revolution Girl Style Now!, Julia Downes; and my friend and comrade in the Girl Gang Underground, blogger Jamielynn Varriale.

3. My dear friend Cristy Road did the illustration for the cover of the program.

As to be expected, I am so humbled and excited to be part of this! I'm geeking out on the conference and hope you all can make it. I am posting the info that pertains to me here, but the entire program is seriously phenomenal, and best of all: it's FREE (so no sorry excuses). My classmates in the Women's History program will be facilitating the other panels, so you'll get to see their fabulous faces too.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Penciling this in! What's the easiest way to get there via public transit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Star!

    The easiest way to get there is from Grand Central station - from there you get on the Metro North headed to North White Plains and get off at the Bronxville stop.

    Campus is about a mile from the train station, it's totally walkable!

    ReplyDelete