1/19/2010

FOR THE BLOGS

[FOR THE BIRDS girl by Black And Red Eye]

For those who are new to WISDOM TOOTH or new to my existence, FOR THE BIRDS is a feminist collective & distro that I (among several other rad feminists from New York) am a part of. If you've been following our activity at FTB in the past couple years, you may have noticed that we've been a little less active post - The Big She-Bang IV. Most of the reasons for that can be explained over at FTB HQ.

Being that many of us in the group are currently in grad school, in touring bands, in both (!), or just busy with many other projects, we've decided that having more of a presence on the internet is a good way to stay active and maintain conversations.

I kicked off our new For the Birds blog-ness yesterday. You can check out the blog posts I author at For the Birds here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate!
    I'm from brazil, punk and feminist. I read the Girl Germs scene report on MRR. I liked it and I just translated it to portuguese. Share good things seems all right. I found your blog and I'm telling you in case you want to take a look. Hope you don't mind!
    http://ansia2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 PM

    hey kate!!!!
    keep up the great work... i know it's probably tough tryin' in balance school and all of the other stuff you're involved in, but i really appreciate all you're doing! i look forward to all the blog updates you and the other "birds" will be posting!

    love,
    tom p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tom, somehow this comment got buried! Thanks so much for yr encouraging words. I look forward to everything you're working on too! Congrats on all the press lately.

    ReplyDelete